Sigma Mixers (Kneader) is modern heavy-duty mixer specially designed to produce uniform mixing and kneading of highly viscous materials. this consists two shafts of 'Z' shapes blades moving in opposite direction at different speeds. Also available in stainless steel construction also and the system is also provided with jacket arrangement for handling heating or cooling application. The mixing action also involves combination of shearing, stretching, folding, dividing and recombining of material processed between sigma blades and container walls that ensure optimum results.
Sigma Mixer is available in capabilities of 5, 10, 25,50, 100, 250, 350, 500 with power support of 1, 3, 5, 10, 15, 20,25, 30 HP.
Specially designed for: The sigma mixer have application to produce highly viscous materials like different kinds of Chemical, Dyes & Pigments, Paint, Polymers Plastic, Putties, Plastic, Pharmaceuticals, Printing ink, stiff pastes, adhesives, polyester Compounds, flush colours, brake lining compounds, resign, soap, PVC coatings, Rubber compounds, Confectionery, Magnetic Tape Coatings, Ceramic, Carbon Black, doughs, Food Products, Fibre Glass, Grease, Lead Storage Battery, Soap & Detergent etc.
Operation of Sigma Blade Mixer
Material is loaded through the top of the container to typically 40 to 65 percent of the mixer's total volumetric capacity. The rotation of the blades is through heavy duty drive systems typically consisting of a motor, gearbox, couplings, and gears. The tip speed of the sigma mixer is generally limited to 60 metres per minute. Mixing may be carried out at ambient temperature or under controlled temperature conditions. The mixer troughs can be provided with jackets for circulation of hot or cold media to maintain the required temperature conditions within the mixer. The discharge of the material from the mixer container is either by tilting of the mixer container. bottom discharge valve, or through an extruder / screw located in the lower portion between the two trough compartments. The mixer may be equipped with any one of these discharge arrangements.
- The tilting discharge arrangement is most common. The tilting arrangement of the container may be designed for manual operation or may be mechanized using motorized or hydraulic arrangement.
- Tilting Discharge For materials of lower viscosity, the bottom discharge valve may be provided on the mixer trough. The design profile of the valve should be flush with the mixer trough to avoid any dead or unmixed pockets of material).
- Bottom Discharge The extruder/screw discharge has an advantage that materials can be directly discharged, extruded, in the required shape or size for further processing. In addition, the screw design eliminates operator exposure to hot materials if the mixing processes are carried out at high temperatures and/or with materials that are toxic in nature.
- Sigma Mixer (Kneader) is a Batch Mixer
- Mixing Trough and Blades are fabricated from Mild Steel / Stainless Steel.
- Product contacting parts are ground, buffed or smooth and clean working.
- Blades are designed to obtain thorough mixing of high viscosity materials.
- Blades are machined on a leading edge to keep minimum equal gap between through walls and blades.
- Heavy-duty gears are fitted to the blades.
- Shaft sealing into the stuffing boxes is provided by Teflon Chevron Rings / PTFE breaded gland rope to prevent leaking from blade ends.
- Guards / Grills and interlocking are provided for maximum safety.
Options Available with us:
- Both GMP and Non- GMP Models
- Discharge by tilting container / bottom sliding valves / bottom gates / flush bottom gate valves.
- Tilting by hand liver / hand wheel with lead screw / electrical arrangements / hydraulic systems.
- Lifting of lead either manually, with help of counter weights or hydraulically.
- 'Z' Type Spiral blade / Naben / double naben blades to circulate hot / cold water in cases of heavy masses.
- Jacketed shell for heating or cooling by steam, oil, water etc. with fibre glass insulation over the jacket.
- Working facility with vacuum or pressure.
- Spray system for liquid addition / gas purge.
- Flame proof / Non-flame proof electrical controls.
- Wireless remote-control operation for toxic materials.
- Electric Flame Proof or Non-Flameproof motor/ Hydraulic drives.
Applications of Sigma Kneader
- Biscuits doughs
- Carbon pastes
- Crayon and pencil lead
- Inks and pigment products
- Fiberglass resin doughs
- Food and confectionery products
- Gaskets and gland packings
- Grinding wheel preparations
- Metal powders
- Moulding preparations
- Pencil erasers
- Sealing compounds
- Soaps and detergents
- Solid propellants
- Sugar pastes
- Viscous rubber solutions
- Chewing gum
3 Ltrs. to 2000 Ltrs.